SEO for Images: How to Use Alt Text, Image Title, and File Name

Learn how to be a total blogging ninja with this Anatomy of a Perfect Blog Post training: https://ravendetti.elitemarketingpro.com/lm/perfect-blog-post.php (p.s. It’s …

1. VIP Floral
    VIP Floral says:

I have a very hard time with the ALT TAG. I'm using powerpoint and I save PDF. After that when I open the picture in another browser or email, the picture doesn't have the alt tag. Can you help, please? thank you

2. rise up
    rise up says:

ok what if we have more than one image for a page, for example i have a real estate site and i have more than 10 images for one property so can i put same keyword for all images, will it be keyword stuffing, for example i have a house for sale in city x, so i have 10 images for that city x house, so can i use the keyword house for sale in city x for all 10 images,

3. MariaByDesign
    MariaByDesign says:

Quite timely. Just completed tutorials showing duplicate titles within several info boxes. Not a guru on this stuff, but quite possibly seo stuffing. So glad I found you! thx!

4. jon elsea
    jon elsea says:

What do I do if I have several hundred similar images. Optimizing images that are all unique is simple. How would you optimize 12 frames of a guy doing a back flip on a bicycle and not keyword stuff. Does google penalize for images with the same names or alt text on different posts?

5. Gerald Dornbach
    Gerald Dornbach says:

Very informative, thank you. I'm glad I found your video! I watched several vids on the topic but you seem to hit the nail on the head!

A couple of questions: You mentioned the importance of image file name. I noticed you spelled out your image file name with hypens (online-networking-marketing-tips.jpg). Is it important to use hyphens in your image file name? Or can it just be naturally spelled using just spaces not hyphens? (online networking marketing tips.jpg) does this make any difference from an seo perspective?

Also, what do you suggest as a naming convention if your selling a product (on a woocomerce store for example) and you need to display several images of the same product? I need to figure out an seo friendly naming convention for selling lots of products, each product will feature several pictures. I feel like it makes sense to just number them, for example: If I'm selling handmade tables, the main image might be called: "handmade natural wood table.jpg", and the successive images could be: "handmade natural wood table 2.jpg", "handmade natural wood table 3.jpg" etc etc, you get the idea.

Any suggestions?

Your opinion greatly appreciated!

6. Xio Arleen
    Xio Arleen says:

I didn't give names for my images from the start. They all have the camera numbers. Is there a way to rename them on your website and not have to look for them on the computer?