SEO: How to Create an Effective Topic Cluster and Pillar Page

SEO algorithms change constantly. In today’s age, one of the best ways to get content to rank on Google is to use topics clusters and pillar pages. Learn how in …

1. Julio Castillo
    Julio Castillo says:

🤩🤩Wow, like the crear explanation. Please forgive my naivety, those these pillar pages run along side to the other pages of my website, or are they the actual pages of my website? Or what's the ralation between the two? Thank you 👍👍

2. Adib Alami
    Adib Alami says:

I have watched mutiple very long videos about this pillar page concept. You have explained it the most clear in the least amount of time! What is unclear that I am trying to figure out for certain is as follows. Step one: Make a "pillar page" for me that is a free commercial roof inspection In that Pillar post (which is a WEB PAGE not on my main website menu just in the background correct?), I go on to mention in the pillar page what to look for in an asphalt shingle roof (link to sub topic, which is a BLOG POST OR ANOTHER WEBPAGE??!) and then briefly tile roof with (link to subtopic, again webpage or blog post?!). MY QUESTION that I need to know for certain to get started is, are the subtopics webpages or blog post? I know they have to link.

Second phase of the question: Lets say I figure out if the sub topics need to be webpages (not included in the main menu) or blog post, either way linking to the pillar page and pillar page to them. Now I have all that set up. Now I go to hoot suite to post the links to my sub topic blogs to all the social media outlets. These post are exerts of my subtopic heading in the title, with a link to that sub topic on my facebook for example. Again same question, am I linking back to a sub topic blog post and in that a link back to the pillar page???

Do I just post on social media the pillar topic like I would post the sub topics on social media?

If the subtopics are also webpages and not blog posts, I still link the webpage to the main pillar webpage but then what do I do? Make a short blog post linking to the sub topic webpage which then intern links to the pillar webpage? Then take that blog post and post that title link to facebook/ twitter ect. Trying to drive traffic from FB>blog post>subtopic>pillar topic?

PLEASE HELP!!!

I may be over thinking it but its a lot of work (do it right the first time kind of thing) I am just confused on the technical route we are trying to drive traffic. from social post to webpage or blog post and are we suppose to link both pillar topic and sub topic on our social media outlets?

third and final

If I want to rank for commercial roof repairs plano tx. I would create that as the pillar title with links to many sub topics related to commercial roofing in Plano tx.

I also want to rank for commercial roof repairs arlington Tx. Do I create a similar (not exact wording copy) pillar topic with similar sub topics just for Arlington?

If you could please help me answer these 3 questions I would greatly appreciate the help. I am trying to avoid running circles in the drive way. Most of my competition is doing the old seo content so I am more confused than ever.

Thanks!

3. Anonym Anonymesten
    Anonym Anonymesten says:

I also found something in the video unclear. Hope you can clarify, although it´s an old video. I don´t get the difference between a "regular" pillar page like the one you show a template for first ( 2:484:00 ) , where you have the topic, navigation and a long text, and the 10x pillar page which you talk about later in the video.

4. Andy Grady
    Andy Grady says:

Great content. But in the spirit of what you are saying though, where can I find a transcript or worksheets to allow me to ‘take this content away with me’ in an easy and useable form?

5. Landing Videos
    Landing Videos says:

Hi Justin, can a pillar page be part of a topic cluster for another pillar page. For example banana cooking (pillar page) for the topic banana cooking but also part of a topic cluster for cooking with fruits (other pillar page). Not sure if I made the best example but I hope you get what I mean!

6. Aditya Nayak
    Aditya Nayak says:

Do you recommend sub topics to be structured as separate pages? or part of one big pillar content page? I am slightly confused by the video where in one section there was a mention of anchor links for the same page and at another time a separate blog post was mentioned.